Winnebago County “Fairest of the Fair”
The Fairest of the Fair (FOTF) is an Ambassador for the County Fair. This is a marketing and public relations position; whose purpose is to promote the exceptional variety of opportunities – educational, agricultural, social, cultural and commercial – available at Winnebago County Fair and its related industries. In addition, the FOTF is the host of the Fair – welcoming guests, appearing at events, interacting with youth exhibitors and engaging ALL fair attendees in activities at the Fair! Make sure to follow us on Facebook and Instagram.
Photo: Meghan Numrich (2022 Fairest of the Fair) by HZL Photography
The person selected as the FOTF/Ambassador attends community functions, interviews on radio and television, assists with social media campaigns and participates in numerous parades & community events throughout the year promoting the County Fair. They also serve as the official host of the Fair, which includes interacting with attendees, introducing entertainment & events, promoting vendors & sponsors and assisting with awards and/or judging at the Junior Fair. The FOTF should be passionate about getting the community involved in this great tradition.
Interested candidates must be 18 years of age and have a valid driver’s license. They must be a resident of Winnebago County. Open to men and women. Note: The historical name of the position/contest is the “Fairest of the Fair,” however the successful candidate can be titled as either the “Fair Ambassador” or “Fairest of the Fair” per their preference.
The Winnebago County FOTF or Fair Ambassador is eligible to compete at the Wisconsin Fairest of the Fair competition held in January each year.
2023 Entry Forms Now Available!
Entry Deadline March 31 • Contest May 6
• Entry Form
• Program Overview
• Contest Scoring Rubric
• Fair Promotion Schedule
• Fair Host Schedule: Please see our 2022 Fair Daily Schedule for information about the different events and activities at the County Fair. The FOTF or Ambassador attends a wide variety of these activities as the host of the Fair.
FOTF/Ambassador Program Coordinator:
Jody Bezio, 920-267-2473 or
BENEFITS – WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU:
- Final Candidate receives $750
- Runner(s)-up will be invited to join the Marketing Team as Assistants and receive up to $250
- Community Service, Volunteer Hours and/or INTERNSHIP CREDIT Available
- Develop your RESUME/PORTFOLIO including creation of marketing, engagement and/or service campaigns
- NETWORKING with a variety of community organizations and local businesses.
- On-the-job-MENTORING from community professionals in:
- Interviewing, public speaking and writing
- Social Media (FB & Instagram)
- Website Development
- Event Planning
- Tourism & Hospitality Industires
- County Fair & Agriculture Industries
- & MORE!
Thank You to our 2023 Partners:
Past Fairest of the Fair
02/2023: We continue to work on building a photographic history of the Winnebago County FOTF program. If you were a past Fairest (or know someone who was), please reach out to us! We would love to hear your story and see your photos.
2022 – Meghan Numrich
2021 – Jodie Weyland
2020 – Fair Cancelled due to COVID
2019 – No Applicants
2018 – Stephany Beck
2017 – Ariel Bjorke (Doberstein)
2016 – Teagan Schwab
2015 – Carley Chapin (Beck)
2014 – Mary Jane Behm
2013 – Kayla Stratton
2012 – Stacey Kunde (Schoonover)
2011 – Amber Bartow
2010 – Betsy Lyness (Fischer)
2009 – Rachel Erickson (Harmann)
2008 – Melissa Weyland
2007 – Sarah Kunde (Walsh)
2006 – Karen Giddings (Langdon)
2005 – Kristie Rothe
2004 – Jenny Kuehnl (Morton)
2003 – Lisa Kossel (Jagielo)
2002 – LeAnne Nolte
2001 – Dawn Opperman
2000 – Mary Knigge
1999 – Kim Kramer (Loeper)
1998 – Jen Overton (Berg)
1997 – Laurie Nelson
1996 – Heather Schmidt (Schmidt-Weber)
1995 – Laurie Hughes
1994 – Michelle Radloff (Stone)
1993 – Krista Knigge
1992 – Rebecca Knox
1991 – Emily Zimmerman