Junior Fair Information
Welcome to the Winnebago County Junior Fair resource page.
We are excited to see your talents at this year’s fair!
Entry Deadline: Sunday June 13, 2021 at MIDNIGHT
Fair Rules & Premium Book
- 2020-2021 Junior Fair Premium Book (FULL BOOK)
Updated 5/13 – fixed typos in Horse, Mechanical, Clothing, Knit/Crochet & Home Environment. See below for details.
- Summary of 2021 Changes (Fair Rules & Premium Book)
Premium Book by Section
- Junior Fair Judging & Show Times
- Junior Fair Rules & Regulations
- Department 1 DAIRY
- Department 2 BEEF
- Department 3 SWINE
- Department 4 SHEEP
- Department 5 GOATS
- Department 6 HORSES
Dept. 6 Updated 5/13 – Corrected Grade in Div. G Class 101.
- Department 7 POULTRY
- Department 8 RABBITS
- Department 9 DOG OBEDIENCE
- Department 10 VETERINARY SCIENCE & SMALL ANIMALS
- Department 11 DOMESTICATED EXOTIC ANIMALS
- Department 13 CATS
- Department 14 PLANT & SOIL SCIENCE (vegetables & crops)
- Department 15 FLOWERS & HOUSEPLANTS
- Department 16 NATURAL SCIENCE
- Department 17 EXPLORING & CLOVERBUDS
- Department 18 CULTURAL ARTS
- Department 20 PHOTOGRAPHY
- Department 21 COMPUTERS
- Department 22 WOODWORKING
- Department 23 ELECTRICITY
- Department 24 MECHANICAL SCIENCE
Dept. 24 updated 5/13 – added clarifications to lego and robotics class descriptions.
- Department 25 FOODS & NUTRITION
- Department 26 CLOTHING
Dept. 26 updated 5/13 – added “face covering/mask” in Division D.
- Department 27 KNITTING & CROCHET
Dept. 27 updated 5/13 – added ear warmers (crochet) and socks (knitting).
- Department 28 HOME ENVIRONMENT (Interior Design)
Dept. 28 updated 5/13 – added placemat.
- Department 29 FAMILY LIVING (Child Development)
- Department 31 COMMUNICATIONS
- Department 33 YOUTH LEADERSHIP
- Department 34 HEALTH, SOCIAL & POLITICAL SCIENCE
- Department 35 JUNIOR EDUCATIONAL BOOTHS, SCRAPBOOKS & RECORD KEEPING
- Fair Entry INSTRUCTIONS for 4-H Members
- Fair Entry INSTRUCTIONS for all other Youth Organizations
- Need Help? Contact the Fair at email@example.com or 920-685-3013
All youth organizations must be approved by Winnebago County Fair Association (WCFA) before youth are able to enter to exhibit at County Fair. Current approved organizations include: 4-H, FFA, Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts and Holstein Breeders Association. Please contact the WCFA (firstname.lastname@example.org) for youth organization approval.
Membership status of Youth Exhibitors will be confirmed prior to Fair. Youth must have participated in their youth organization’s programming in order to represent that organization at the Fair.
COVID SAFETY PLAN
The WCFA is still assessing what COVID safety protocols will be in effect for the 2021 Fair. We will notify exhibitors as soon as possible of any changes in rules or procedures.
- Please expect to see procedural and grounds lay-out changes that will allow for social distancing.
- At this time, we are anticipating that activities inside the Expo Building during fair will be limited. Pre-fair judging may look different, but the traditional face-to-face judging in Expo Building will still be held.
- Please contact Jody Bezio for remote judging options: email@example.com or 920-267-2473
- 2021 “Small Fry In Training” Registration Form
Who: Youth age 4-8 years old
Deadline: July 31
- Visit the 2020 Online Showcase for inspiration!
- Fair Ticket Tips for Exhibitor Families
- Meat Animal Sale (Beef, Sheep & Swine)
- Barn Herdsmanship Awards
- Barn Cards
- Food Preservation Resources
- Livestock Comfort at the Fair
- State Fair Showing Animal Videos