Share Your Talents. Earn Ribbons and Premiums!
You’re invited to exhibit at the Fair if you are:
a YOUTH enrolled in a Youth Group
(4-H, FFA, Boys & Girls Club, Scouts, etc)
Not just for kids!
ADULT residents of Winnebago County can show in Open Class
Cost to enter is just $.25 per item. Win premium money based on your placing (1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th).
Youth Exhibitors (Junior Class)
All youth must have been enrolled in a youth organization by January 31, 2019 to be eligible to exhibit at this year’s fair
Entry Deadline Thursday, June 27, 2019
For questions related to exhibiting at the County Fair:
Kim Brzozowski • 920-915-2078
I Signed up to Exhibit, Now What?
- See your Fair Premium Book for
- Fair Rules
- Judging Times
- Information about tagging/identifying your exhibit prior to judging
- Release of exhibits (picking up your exhibits) on Sunday August 4
- Do you have a specific question about your exhibit or how to prepare it? Contact the Superintendent(s) of the Department(s) you entered exhibits in.
- 2019 Fair Contact List (Updated 7/19/19)
- Update 7/19/19: Fair Exhibitor Meeting on Thursday, July 25 has been cancelled due to low registration.
- Thursday July 25, 6:30-8:30pm CANCELLED
- Sunnyview Expo Building – 500 E County Road Y, Oshkosh
- Please register in advance with the Extension/4-H Office: email@example.com or 920-232-1974.
- Come get all your Fair Questions answered! New and/or returning exhibitors are welcome. The meeting is primarily for youth exhibitors but adult exhibitors are welcome to join. We will be discussing: Fair Rules—Highlights, Keeping track of your exhibits—Entry Tags & “Claim Check” Report, Judging Information, including demo of Face to Face Judging (used primarily for youth non-animal exhibits), tour of the fair grounds.
- Pre-fair Judging of non-animal exhibits in the Expo Building happens MONDAY July 29 and TUESDAY July 30.
- Barn Animal check-in is TUESDAY July 30. Make sure you know what paperwork you need to bring with your animals.
- EVERYONE entering the fair from July 31-August 4 must have a pass/ticket.
- Weekly Fair Passes for Youth Exhibitors are $6. Contact your club/chapter leader for more info.
- Weekly Passes/Fair Memberships for adults/non-exhibitors are available for $30 until July 15 and $35 after that.
Heat Warnings – Help your animals stay safe!
It is going to be a hot one this week (7/17/19) and looks like through the end of July. It took a bit, but it looks like summer is here but with some excessive heat. Heat advisories are out, be animal-aware especially at the county fair.
Check out this tip sheet for more info: Livestock comfort at the Fair.
Food Preservation Exhibitors
It is important to prepare safe & healthy foods, especially when preserving food to be stored. To help promote food safety and proper preparation of preserved food, we ask that you use current USDA or Extension resources for your recipes, and properly label your fair exhibit using the tags provided below.
- Exhibits with incomplete or missing labels, automatically become ineligible for awards and premiums.
- The food preservation judge will be using the most current guidelines for food processing. Make sure you have used a current reference and are able to identify your references for the judge.
Food Preservation Labels (Open & Junior Class)
- Food Preservation 2019 CANNING LABELS (updated 7/19/2019)
- Food Preservation 2019 DRY FOOD LABELS (updated 7/19/2019)
- Don’t forget to review the Premium Book (above) for a complete listing of Food Preservation Rules
Food Preservation Resources
- Safe & Healthy: Preserving Food at Home (Extension): https://fyi.uwex.edu/safepreserving/
- Learning Store: https://learningstore.uwex.edu/Food-Preservation-and-Safety-C60.aspx
- National Center for Home Food Preservation: http://nchfp.uga.edu/
- For specific “How To” questions about Food Preservation in general, please contact: the State Extension Specialist: Barb Ingham firstname.lastname@example.org or 608-263-7383.
Barn Cards Now Available
Barn cards are used to identify your animal in the barn during the fair. A limited supply of printed barn cards have been made available by the Fair Association and can be picked up at the Extension Office (625 E County Rd Y, Oshkosh). You may also print your own barn cards in color on white cardstock paper (Extension will also make copies upon request at 15 cents each).
Being an Exhibitor at the County Fair is more than what happens in the show ring. It takes hard work and preparation prior to the fair. To be an outstanding exhibitor, youth should demonstrate good sportsmanship, share their knowledge with others, mentor younger youth and help put on a positive experience for fair goers at the county fair. To encourage these traits in our exhibitors, the Fair Association sponsors the following awards:
Outstanding Dairy Exhibitors: Youth wishing to be considered for an Outstanding Dairy Exhibitor award must complete an application and return to the Winnebago County Fair Board (postmarked by July 18).
Outstanding Livestock & Small Animal Exhibitors: Each club/chapter is eligible to nominate up to 3 members in each outstanding exhibitor category:
Swine • Beef • Goat • Sheep • Rabbits • Poultry
Members must be in at least 7th grade as of January 1.
Leaders are to email the Fair Association with their nominees by Sunday, July 21.
Barn Herdsmanship assesses exhibitors as a group (i.e. 4-H Club) on how they are caring for their animals, how they promote their project through decorations & educational displays, and member participation (how the groups interact with each other and fair goers).
Barn Herdsmanship and Outstanding Livestock/Small Animal Exhibitor awards are judged by 4-H members/clubs and community members. The Fair Board will distribute packets to club leaders with more information and scoring sheets.
4-H members, families & leaders:
Extension Staff has provided some additional tips & information that can help you when preparing for fair. Please see the Extension/4-H Youth Development websites below for helpful info.
- 2019 Fair Informational Booklet (July 1, 2019)
- 4-H at the Fair – The Fun Starts Here!
(Free daily activities for fairgoers, 4-H youth and families)
- Fair Ticket Tips for 4-H Families
- 4-H Project/Fair Department alignment
- 4-H Project Website
Please note, these resources are provided as helpful guidelines but are not a replacement for Fair Association Rules located in the Fair Premium Books. All decisions of the Fair Association are final and supported by Extension/4-H staff.