2022 County Fair August 3-7
Share Your Talents. Earn Ribbons and Premiums!
Jr. Holstein Association
You’re invited to exhibit at the Fair if you are:
a YOUTH enrolled in a Winnebago County Youth Organization (4-H, FFA, Scouts, Breed Association, etc)
Not just for kids!
ADULT residents of Winnebago County can show in Open Class
Cost to enter is just $0.50 per item for youth and $0.75 for adults. Win premium money based on your placing (1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th).
2022 Important Updates for Junior Fair & Open Class (Adults):
- Junior Class Entry Fees increased to $0.50/exhibit.
- Open Class (adult) Entry Fees increased to $0.75/exhibit.
- 2022 DATCP Animal Show Rules
- Poultry Show DATCP Notice 5/10/22 (No Live Shows until 30 days after last detection of HPAI in Wisconsin)
- Beef & Dairy Horn Rule Wording Updated: “In order to provide optimal safety conditions for all exhibitors and fair participants, the WCFA does not allow horns on cattle older than 6 months of age. Outgrowth from horn removal will not constitute a horn unless it is pointed and/or deemed hazardous/unsafe by the WCFA’S appointed committee”
Please help us support youth exhibitors by consulting with us prior to arriving at the fair with your animal if the animal has a horn or any kind of outgrowth following horn removal. We want to set all exhibitors up for success and do NOT want to send an animal home at check-in. This causes unnecessary frustration, disappointment and missed opportunities for everyone involved.
Entry Deadline: 11:59pm on Sunday June 26, 2022
Youth Exhibitors (Junior Class)
All youth must have been enrolled in a youth organization by January 31, 2022 to be eligible to exhibit at this year’s fair. New in 2022: The Youth Organization Coordinator must complete an application/annual renewal for their organization to participate in fair (see bottom of page for more info).
- 2022 Junior Fair Premium Book
- 2022 DATCP Animal Show Rules
- Fair Entry Instructions:
- Fair Entry Log In (DEADLINE: Sunday, June 26 @ 11:59pm)
- SEE BELOW for more resources for youth exhibitors & organizations.
Adult Exhibitors (Open Class)
All exhibitors must be residents of Winnebago County, 18 years old and CANNOT be an exhibitor in the Junior Fair.
- 2022 Open Class Fair Premium Book
- 2022 DATCP Animal Show Rules
- Fair Entry Instructions
- Fair Entry Log In (DEADLINE Sunday, June 26 @11:59pm)
- SEE BELOW for more resources for Exhibitors
I Signed up to Exhibit, Now What?
- See your Fair Premium Book for
- Fair Rules
- Judging Times
- Information about tagging/identifying your exhibit prior to judging
- Release of exhibits (picking up your exhibits) on Sunday August 7
- Pre-fair Judging of non-animal exhibits in the Expo Building happens MONDAY August 1 and TUESDAY August 2.
- Barn Animal check-in is TUESDAY August 2. Make sure you know what paperwork you need to bring with your animals. Animal exhibitors will also need to participate in Pen/Stall set-up and Safety Meetings prior to Fair.
- EVERYONE entering the fair from August 3-August 7 must have a pass/ticket.
- Check out our “Fair Ticket Tips for Exhibitors” for help deciding what passes/tickets are needed for your family, friends and guests.
- Weekly Fair Pass Information:
- Weekly Fair Passes for Youth Exhibitors are $6. Contact your club/chapter leader for more info.
- Weekly Passes/Fair Memberships for adults/non-exhibitors are available for $30 until July 15 and $35 after that.
- Group Ticket Order Forms are available for Clubs/Groups that want to place a group order and distribute it to their members. This form is the only way to order Youth Exhibitor Wrist Bands.
- Exhibitors coming to pick up their exhibits Sunday August 7 may enter free after 4pm by showing their CLAIM CHECK/EXHIBIT REPORT at the Gate (which is also needed to claim your exhibits).
Outstanding Exhibitor – Dairy, Beef, Sheep, Swine
Any Junior Fair exhibitor who shows dairy, beef, sheep or swine and is in grades 9-13 as of January 1st may apply for the Outstanding Youth Exhibitor Award. The award will recognize youth who have shown exceptional involvement in their project throughout the year and will be presented at this year’s Winnebago County Fair. Two award winners will be named, one for each category: grades 9-10-11 ($40) and grades 12-13 ($40). Previous winners in the same age category not eligible consecutive years.
Any exhibitor who wishes to apply for the “Outstanding Youth Exhibitor” must submit an application with their project accomplishments since July 2021. See application for more details. Deadline is July 18.
“Small Fry in Training” Dairy Showmanship
Attention 2022 County Fair Campers:
Camping Site payments can be made on SUNDAY, JULY 31 from 10:00am-1:00pm at the Fair Office in the Exposition Building.
Reminder – Campers also need to have a Membership/Weekly Pass or Youth Exhibitor Band.
Camping Questions? Contact Steve Stark at 920-420-5003.
Barn cards are used to identify your animal in the barn during the fair. Printed barn cards will be made available for pick-up by the Fair Association this summer. You may also print your own barn cards in color on white cardstock.
Food Preservation Exhibitors
It is important to prepare safe & healthy foods, especially when preserving food to be stored. To help promote food safety and proper preparation of preserved food, we ask that you use current USDA or Extension resources for your recipes, and properly label your fair exhibit using the tags provided below.
- Exhibits with incomplete or missing labels, automatically become ineligible for awards and premiums.
- The food preservation judge will be using the most current guidelines for food processing. Make sure you have used a current reference and are able to identify your references for the judge.
Food Preservation Labels (Open & Junior Class)
- Food Preservation CANNING LABELS
- Food Preservation DRY FOOD LABELS
- Don’t forget to review the Premium Book (above) for a complete listing of Food Preservation Rules
Food Preservation Resources
- Safe & Healthy: Preserving Food at Home (Extension): https://fyi.uwex.edu/safepreserving/
- Learning Store: https://learningstore.uwex.edu/Food-Preservation-and-Safety-C60.aspx
- National Center for Home Food Preservation: http://nchfp.uga.edu/
NEW! Youth Organization Application & Annual Renewal Form
The purpose of the Winnebago County JUNIOR FAIR is to showcase the educational programs of Winnebago County’s youth organizations through exhibits youth complete as a member of their organization. The County Fair experience helps reinforce youth’s education and provide opportunity for reflection through interaction with judges, peers and the public.
Youth organizations must have adult leadership and an ongoing educational program that aligns with at least one of the County Fair Departments. Organizations must have been in operation with active youth membership for one year prior to applying to the County Fair.
- refer to WI Legislative Code: Chapter ATCP 160: https://docs.legis.wisconsin.gov/code/admin_code/atcp/140/160/Title
- refer to Winnebago County Fair Rules & Premium Book: https://winnebagocountyfaironline.com/exhibitors/
This form is due annually from all participating organizations, by February 15 of the current fair year.
(2022 timelines will be extended based on when new youth organization application becomes available)
This application must be submitted by the Adult Advisor who is in charge of approving adult leadership and youth membership for the organization. For state-wide or national organizations this may be a county-wide, regional or state leader. (For example in the 4-H program, one application should be submitted by the county 4-H Educator – individual 4-H Clubs or Projects do not need to submit individual applications).
- Please submit to Winnebago County Fair, 2892 Ruschfield Dr, Oshkosh, WI 54904
- Or email to firstname.lastname@example.org